- I take Pride in my hometown, and I still salute Rocky Top and sway to The Waltz.
- I was geek chic before the fad and will be long after. Age of the Geek, baby.
- I’m miserable at sports, but I love martial arts, ultimate frisbee, and tickle wars with my preschooler.
- I find balance in lakes and rivers, the winds before a storm, whispers in faith, and true love.
- My heroes include Aslan, Samwise, Polgara, St. Patrick, Joan of Arc, and Daniel.
- If I could visit anywhere, anytime, I would go to Patmos, circa 95 AD.
- I am technologically troubled but glad to know that if Skynet rises, my husband is on my side. He is a genius.
- If I ever run out of things to do, I’ve given strong consideration to following in the footsteps of Mrs. Pollifax.
- I believe in dreaming big, living on purpose, knowing who you were made to be, and avoiding boxes – coffins, cubicles, and especially those weird magic boxes that make people come apart and disappear. Creepy.
- And finally, I write – a little urban fantasy, a lot of epic fantasy. Basically, anything the voice in my head tells me to write.
. . . All the best, and here’s to keeping pens scratching and keyboards tapping.