- Naomi Hawkins-Rowe grew up frolicking in meadows, swimming in ponds and sunbathing on rocks in her native California.
- Over the years, she has become a collector of books, records, passport stamps and scarves and would like to believe she’s a connoisseur of fine cheeses and jelly beans (though not together … obviously).
- Her favorite way to spend a Friday evening is dinner infused with conversation, family and friends (with kids at the table, always!).
- She once owned a publishing house with her childhood best friend. They only published one book, which they wrote out by hand and illustrated themselves. It was a laborious process and the publishing house closed a short time later. They were eleven.
- When she is not writing for children or about art, you will most likely find her in a museum perusing, in the garden chasing gnomes, or in her kitchen experimenting.
- Naomi currently lives, dreams and creates in a stone castle nestled near the Smoky Mountains with a resident artist and three adventurous gargoyles.